Okay, so when you think about visiting or living in AK there are a few things you should know.
- We have long term darkness and it is different depending where in AK you live.
- We have our good summers and our bad summers. (Right now we are experiencing temperatures in the mid 80’s.) That is not heard of up here.
- We do not have A/C in any of the houses. (No, we do not live in Igloos.)
- AK supports homeschooling.
- There is a decent sized population of homeless people. (No, I do not know how they survive the winter.)
- We still have our native villages.
- A good portion of us live off grid.
- Alaska is connected to Canada.
- We still have dog sled races
- I will be discussing “The drive to Alaska” and driving on the Alcan, or Alaska Highway whichever one you guys call it.
Okay, now that I have just given all of those good things to know, I will be writing posts about each topic explaining the in and out of all those subjects above. I will try to do a post a day about these topics but I will not make any promises.
Thank you so much for reading. Please subscribe and then you will know when I post. Have an awesome day guys!